Tuesday 8 November 2011

Chicken in Leftover Marinara Sauce

I got an email from a reader asking me about what to do with leftover Marinara sauce? Well, let me explain first that marinara sauce is a basic tomato sauce infused with onion and garlic as well as possibly some basil or even thyme, oregano, and rosemary. It's easy to make which is the problem. Often, people overestimate what they need for their pasta so they make too much of it. So here's a simple recipe for what you can do with it. It's easy and simple. 

 
The ingredients:
  • Chicken breasts or any other part you like
  • Italian herbs
  • Salt
  • Black pepper (ground fine or coarsely is ok)
  • Leftover marinara sauce
 The procedure:

 
Put your pan on high heat and brown your chicken and season it with salt. Once one side is brown, flip it and sprinkle it with a generous helping of black pepper and Italian herbs. Make sure it is well-coated. Flip the chicken and cover the other side as well. Each side should take about 5-9 minutes depending on how thick your meat is. Make sure it is well cooked as you can get salmonella with raw chicken. Take out your chicken and let it rest on a plate. Heat up your leftover marinara sauce and once it starts bubbling, pour it on top of the chicken and serve!

 

 
brown those chooks!

 
season them all over!

 
now that looks just right!

 
pour the sauce over it!

 
you know chicken is just right when it's nice and juice inside!

 
Now I rarely talk about ice cream but I have been addicted to this for the last 3 weeks. I have one after almost every meal which is bad since I am now squeezing into my trousers and desperately trying to lose weight. This delectable frozen delight is from Tip Top in New Zealand. I love every bit of it. It's part of their Memphis Meltdown line and is called the Big Bikkie! It is creamy chocolate ice cream with cookie bits covered in rich chocolate and cookie bits! I have to stop myself from eating 2!

 
my favourite frozen delight on a stick!
each frozen delight is individually wrapped inside the box.
look at those cookie bits!

each bite is a delight!

To my readers, don't be afraid to ask me anything. Leave me a message if you're curious about something or if you have a question. Ciao!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment