Tuesday 29 November 2011

A deli in PNG!

Yes sir, we do have our own deli in PNG and it has been around ever since I washed up on PNG's shores. It has got deli meats, a proper cheese room, hand-made chocolates, breads and all sorts of odds and ends which they bring in from time to time. At the moment, they have a wide selection of bottled water.

I had lunch there with some of my friends last Sunday where I had crab lasagne and some raspberry gelato. I had a double espresso too. This is one of the few places where they make an espresso with coffee cream on top so you know it's done right. Deli KC is good for a Sunday afternoon coffee, brunch or dinner. You can have focaccia with olive oil & balsamic vinegar while waiting. You can get onion bagels, kalamata olives and mimolette cheese. A cornetto here is not a frozen delight but the traditional Italian bread filled with either cream or chocolate!

Here are some photos:

the sweets showcase. you can also order a cake from them. if you have a special occasion, they can do one with fondant icing.
the bread showcase. i misstheir walnut bread which they used to make years ago.
the main showcase. they usually have some hummus and dolmades.
the chocolate showcase. i love their chocolate covered coffee beans.
behind those walls lie the cheese room!
they have all sorts of goodies around the place.
olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
my double espresso.

By the way, if you're looking for deli meats, here are my recommendations:
  • Vision City for pancetta, coppa or prosciutto. The raw deli meats.
  • Boroko Foodworld for Kassler, all manners of sausages except chorizo. I get my fresh herbs here too but they never seem to have any Tarragon.
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment