Sunday 12 February 2012

Coppa on Rye

It's a lazy Sunday. When I woke up this morning, I rolled around in bed for a good half hour before I decided I had to get up. Anyway, my friend's brother-in-law was leaving today so we all decided to meet up for lunch at Good Day. After a good meal of butter sotong, claypot fish head and hot pepper chicken, we decided to have coffee. Unfortunately, that new place Duffy seemed closed so off we went to Vision City.

 
We decided Brumby's would be a good place to have some coffee and sit down for a bit. While sitting down, the baker brought out some freshly baked rye loaves. The lovely smell of rye inspired me to make a sandwich so off I went and bought a loaf then proceeded to the supermarket where I bought the rest of my ingredients.

 
The ingredients:
  • Coppa - this is a raw deli meat made from neck parts and fat.
  • Tasty cheese
  • Fruit chutney - you can get the spicy variety if you want
  • Dijon mustard
  • Green capsicum
  • Brown onion
The procedure:

 
Slice the rye bread in thick slices. Smother the fruit chutney on one slice and the dijon mustard on the other. The reason why I am using dijon mustard is that it has a smoother and milder taste as compared to other mustards. I also chose the not so spicy fruit chutney so that it won't overpower the other ingredients. I also chose tasty cheese since it is milder. Using a strong cheese like aged cheddar would just drown the other flavours. Slice the cheese as you would like it and put it on the bread.

 
Now slice your onion and capsicum and put it in the sandwich along with your coppa. I put in double portions of coppa to make its flavour stand out a bit more from the other ingredients. Now bon appetit!

 
This is a very simple sandwich. Heck, I just figured it out while walking around the supermarket but I recommend you guys try it out.

 
Here are some photos:

 

 
While making this sandwich, I was listening to the vocal musings of Camille, one of my favourite French singers. What a relaxing Sunday. I hope you all had a good one too!

 
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment