Sunday 26 February 2012

Paradise Cinema - Vision City, Port Moresby

Finally, Port Moresby has opened a multiplex cinema. It is called Paradise Cinema and is located on the top floor of Vision City. I never would have thought this day would come when I first moved here 6 years ago but here it is. Watching movies is a hobby I have sorely missed and I hate how I'm left out when conversations touch the subject of movies with friends.

The cinema currently is screening 4 titles namely Sherlock Holmes 2, Journey 2, Darkest Hour and Alvin & the Chipmunks. Prices are at K25 for the normal cinema and K45 for the premium cinema. Kiddie prices are K5 cheaper. 

At the cinema's foyer is a snack bar and a cafe. You can buy popcorn and other goodies and even a choc-top just like in Australia. The cafe serves the usual coffee concoctions plus some chai and a host of baked delights such as brownies and muffins. Inside the cinema, the sound was good but I thought the seats were a bit uncomfortable. My thigh ached a little after the movie but hey, I'm still glad there's finally a cinema in Port Moresby and I bought another ticket for tonight.

One thing though that I didn't like was how the guards are too strict. Not all people like being touched and the guards can get a bit touchy when they scan you with the metal detector. But I guess they have to be strict so it's alright. The big challenge here would be the maintenance of the cinema. I hope the operators do periodic maintenance especially with the toilets.

They don't allow cameras inside which I totally agree with so I was only able to take 1 photo outside.


Well, I'm off to watch Darkest Hour. Ciao!

2 comments: