Thursday 25 August 2011

Birds of Papua New Guinea

I haven't really gone out often enough to photograph birds in the wild. They are everywhere here though that it's not hard to see them. In fact, birds nest in the trees where I live. I also don't know how to identify them properly. I can only tell if it's a toucan or a parrot or an eagle. Once again, I'll post the photos here and if you know what they are, feel free to leave a comment. Sorry for the low quality photos. I don't always have a good camera with me.

here's looking at you!
why're you looking at me?
overblown highlights make this photo look like a chinese painting
i wonder what's for brekkie? (parrot)

oh no... my beak is so heavy! (toucan)

why is he following me with that camera? (bird of paradise)
i say! do you like escargo?
zoom! zoom! i want to fly like air niugini!
now where is that worm from yesterday?
i see everyone's up and about!
i got to be careful! i can't swim! 
nothing like a morning romp in the lake!
koki kai kai! (these cockatoos are everywhere and they like stealing mangoes from trees)
my favourite shot - a cassowary
I hope you guys liked these shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment