Friday 12 August 2011

A chiropractic session

My back has been in pain for some time now. I figured it's been caused by my foot. My foot has picked up an odd pain in the middle of the sole and when I'm on the treadmill, this pain becomes more pronounced. I have not been able to see a podiatrist so the pain has continued since last December. When I'm othe treadmill, I feel as if the treadmill isn't stable with the left side higher than the right.

So what should I do? You don't really have a lot of options here but since 2010, a chiropractor from New Zealand has set up his practice in Gordons. So I made an appointment which was quite hard as the guy is always fully booked. I finally was able to get a session with him today and it was an eye opener. 

I have never really had much stock for chiropractic. I guess this was fuelled by doctors saying that they're not real medical practitioners and by two and a half men where Charlie doesn't seem to have much respect for his brother Allen who is a chiropractor. Well, I was proven wrong. After a session with Dermot O'Brien, I feel better, lighter and my neck seems to be able to twist left in the same way as my right. I'll put this to the test tomorrow when I have a session in the gym.


PNG chiropractic

hitron who provides me with cable and internet
His clinic may be hard to find. He's located in a compound in a cul de sac called Ruta street in Gordons. If you know where Hitron (the country's best cable service provider with 117 digital channels) is, then the clinic isn't far off. 







the signpost is indeed leaning and is partially covered by a tree

entrance to the compound

watch snails... i'm excited
Once in the clinic, you'll be seated in a pleasant lobby with 4 frames that have some manner of scribbling. They are guides I guess which I found quite humorous.  I can imagine looking for snails but living juicy? How do you manage that?






live juicy?

After some diagnosis, Dermot indicated to me that several parts of my spine is in need of alignment and because of this, one leg seems to have gotten shorter. This explains why I feel the treadmills are off on one side and is the main cause for my podiatric problems. With a few sessions, this can be corrected. You can see in this chart where my problems are. The spine is indeed part of the nervous system which controls a lot of our body functions so it's important to keep this aligned. I'll be having a few more sessions after this and will exercise my core to prevent future misalignment.


my problem areas have been encircled... the sacrum affects the reproductive area? yikes!!!

If you're in need of chiropractor, give Dermot a call on 3258466 or shoot him an email at pngchiropractic@yahoo.com.au As I mentioned, it's hard to get a session in especially if it is your first time. If you call on Monday, you will probably get scheduled at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment