Sunday 7 August 2011

Sesame Barramundi & Mushroom Pasta

Well, it's a Sunday here and I had 2 friends come over and visit. I decided that I'd make something new. I rarely cook fish as I'm more of a beef fan but I have to eat healthier so I looked in the supermarket on Thursday for ingredients and decided to put all this together.

Ingredients

Sesame Barramundi
  • Barramundi fillets
  • Sesame seeds
  • Fennel
  • Chili oil
  • Salt to taste
  • Lemon wedges
Sauce - equal parts of prepared horseradish and mayo. You can add a dash of lemon juice or fish sauce too if you want. I used kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)which gave it a nice sweet touch.

I coated the bottom of the barramundi and fried it for 3 minutes using the chili oil. While doing this, I pre-heated the oven to 200C. Once the bottom is toasted, put the fish on a tray, drizzle it with lemon juice and put the fennel on top. Bake it for 10 minutes. Bring it out, let it cool for a minute then put the horseradish sauce. I drizzled mine with kecap manis.

Mushroom pasta sauce
  • Brown mushrooms
  • Button mushrooms
  • Luteus mushrooms (you can substitute this with abalone mushrooms too)
  • Campbell's cream of mushroom
  • Half a cup of milk
  • Half slab of cheddar - grated to make it melt easier
  • Almond flakes
Saute the brown mushrooms first then mix in the cream of mushroom soup and the milk. Once this is done, throw in the button & luteus mushrooms. Let it simmer then add the cheese. Once the cheese is melted, throw in the almond flakes. Let it all simmer for 5 more minutes then pour over the pasta.

And here are the photos!

Sesame Barramundi with Horseradish Sauce

sesame seeds

fresh fennel
mayonnaise
prepared horseradish
mix equal parts mayo and horseradish
chili oil for frying
rub the fish into the sesame seeds
fry for a few minutes
line it in a baking pan

put the fennel on top and squeeze the lemon wedges over the fish
after baking, take off the fennel, pour the horseradish mayo, drizzle with kecap manis and serve!
Mushroom Pasta


slice & chop up the brown mushrooms
luteus mushrooms
button mushrooms and a tin of cream of mushroom soup
cheddar cheese - grate it for easy melting
simmer the sauce
pour over pasta and serve
lunch is served!
the fish was yummy and wasn't dry at all!
 Well as usual, I made too much so what I had for lunch was also what I had for dinner. Oh well... At least I still have some oreos left for another smoothie. Have a good one folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment