Thursday 29 September 2011

Adobe Lightroom 3.4

I have never been good at using software to manipulate photos. Since 2008, I have been using photoshop elements 6.0, a scaled down version of photoshop CS suited only for editing photos. I use it mainly for a little bit of sharpening and resizing. 

A couple of weeks ago, a friend gave me Adobe Lightroom 3.4, the latest version of lightroom which is software I have read about so many times in various camera forums. Professional photographers say that they use it as part of their digital workflow - now there's a catch phrase for you. I never really came across digital workflow until I started hearing about it from professional photographers. 

So I installed it on my computer and it works great. It automatically adds my watermark to all the photos I publish and does a few more things too like sharpen the photos when I import them. Lightroom also has a powerful organizer and the best thing I love about lightroom are the presets. Presets are adjustments pre-programmed by you for photos which can be applied to one or all images at the same time. Lightroom makes your life so much easier by allowing you to edit by batch whereas with photoshop CS or elements, you have to edit and save one by one, a tedious exercise.

And here they are, my first attempt at using lightroom. I will show you the originals and the post-processed photos. I hope you like them. 

man on pier - original
man on pier - post-processed
street people - original
street people - post-processed
desolate highway - original
desolate highway - post-processed
girl with camera - original
girl with camera - post-processed
lonely isle - original
lonely isle - post-processed
man-made isle - original
man-made isle - post-processed

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment