Tuesday 20 September 2011

The Lowepro Passport Sling

Bags. We all need them to carry our things. Ladies love them and I don't blame them. In the last few years, I have found myself looking at more and more bags but what brought on my bag fancy was due to my love for camera gear. Please take note that I used gear and not gears which I believe is incorrect as gear is a collective noun. It annoys me to no end when people refer to all of their equipment as gears which just belies their utter disregard for the English language. But let me get back to our subject for the day, the Lowepro Passport Sling.

The Lowepro Passport Sling is a bag made of durable nylon. It has one strap which you wear around your shoulder like you would a water canteen. This allows you to turn the bag to your front when you need access to the bag's contents and to turn it to your back when you walk around. I love my satchels but they can be a hindrance when you're trying to extract yourself out of a sticky situation by running. This bag allows me to jump, run and swing from a bus with no problem whatsoever. I do not think it is waterproof and I daresay that I wouldn't want to put it through that test. For around $60, you do get good value.

The strap is adjustable using a clever hinge system. The strap has a shoulder pad with a nice patch of rubber which helps it grip your shoulder. There are 3 external pockets located on both side of the bag and it's backside. The front side has a zipper which when opened allows you to expand the bag and fit in an extra towel or knee pad. Inside are two pockets wherein you can fit extra batteries, a charger or your mobile. A padded box is attached through some patches of velcro inside wherein you can fit your camera. Included in the box is a single padded divider. The box is easily detachable so you can use the bag for other purposes. When I got mine, they ran out of black so I got this catchy light blue colour. It also comes in a greyish shade. Last weekend, I was able to fit a rangefinder, a large superzoom and a SLR with a little room to spare. It is indeed a nice bag and I am very for having purchased it during my last holiday.

And now for some photos.

my lowepro passport sling in a kitchy blue colour.
underneath the shoulder strap lies a patch of rubber.
inside is a padded box to hold your camera. i don't own any large cameras so i can squeeze a fair bit of gear in my bag. the back pocket can be utilized to carry a water bottle.
two pockets line the bag's interior. these pockets can easily hold your charger, your batteries or even your mobile.
the front of the bag all zipped up.
and here it is unzipped showing a bit of folded fabric which extends out to expand the bag's capacity.
the side pockets allow for easy access.
there are two of these side pockets. both are similar in size.

I think these are easily available in camera shops that are Lowepro stockists. You can also order them online if your local store does not carry them.

No comments:

Post a Comment