Monday 4 July 2011

Breakfast on Ricardo's

My favourite thing to eat for breakfast is eggs benedict with smoked salmon. I also love crispy bacon, and flaky croissants with jam and butter. However, the prospects of getting those where I live is rather bleak. Bakeshops open at 8 and so do restaurants that serve breakfast with the exception of hotels. Offices including mine also open at 8 so it's next to impossible to get breakfast at any of these places with time to spare for the daily commute to work.

Having said this, what do I eat in the morning? Well, first of all. I take coffee. Since my doctor told me that I have to lower my caffeine intake, I placed a sign visible from my kitchen to remind me to cut down on this fantastic beverage that perks me up and gets me going.


This sign inspires me to drink tea. I prefer Dilmah and Twinings. I usually buy Irish breakfast, earl grey or peppermint which I take with a touch of cream. Lately though, I've been taking decaffeinated tea to further lower my caffeine intake.





 
What else do I eat? Well, I got to have my bread. I can't eat white. I love multigrain. I usually have some pancetta, prosciutto, pastrami, double smoked ham or mortadella which I mix with a variety of cheeses such as stilton, mimolette, haloumi, gruyere, parmesan, romano, smoked or very sharp vintage cheddar. I also put a dollop of strawberry jam or mustard & honey barbecue sauce in my sandwiches. I can do without all of these though as the bread alone is mighty tasty as the crust imparts a distinct nutty taste from all the seeds covering it.

Of course, I don't have this all the time. I also take cereals and other sweets.

Apparently, Dick Smith also makes cereals aside from selling electronics


You can't do without Tim Tams, an Aussie classic!



I just love soft nougat!

Odd as it may sound but I had a good Monday today. My girlfriend is finally better but she had to buy a nebulizer for her asthma. It seems that her asthma was brought about by GERD which is a condition I need to study up on. My boss just left so I'd be free to focus on the tasks that need to get done and I'm keen on knocking back a few tasks before his return.
Anyway, I had to go to the warehouse today to check on some racks and platforms. I hate having to go to this particular warehouse since it is extremely dusty there. However, my efforts today were rewarded with an antique phone that was earmarked for the junkyard. I hurriedly saved it. I knew that all this piece needed was a good polish and I might even be able to sell it on eBay one day. Items like this aren't that common anymore and I'm sure I can sell it for a pretty penny in the future.  Knowing myself though, I'd bring this back home and try to connect it. I love old things especially if I can get them to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment