Friday 8 July 2011

Friday light lunch

I'm having a bout of indigestion which I think was caused by the amount of oil in the fried chicken and chips I had last night from Big Rooster. I feel my tummy is bloated and I feel fat. I hate getting indigestion which is one of the reasons why I rarely eat takeaway food from Big Rooster.

I skipped breakfast today because of this and I figured I needed a light lunch. I decided to have a small slice of bread, some fruit and some sweets. So I went to the supermarket and got some food for lunch. I like Thursdays and Fridays at Foodworld. During these last two days of the work week, their stocks of fresh food would have just arrived and their shelves are filled with produce. I bought a bread cob, strawberries and a peanut slab.

I ate the cob first. It's about the size of half a loaf. The crust is chewy and the bread inside is what bread should be like, soft and flavourful yet is not like cake. Asian breads usually are confused. They think they're sponge cake. Here is a photo of my favourite multigrain cob. I only ate a slice.




I then went on to have some strawberries. I bought a little tray. They're currently at half-price since they are in season. I just love winter!


I only resized the photo in elements. These strawberries really are super red!

These strawberries are large and sweet. They are very juicy and I eat them all the time when they are in season. As you can see, each strawberry is a mouthful!








Just bitten juicy strawberry!

I capped my light meal with a peanut slab which I think is one of the best things to ever come from New Zealand. Whittaker's is a chocolatier that produces really good chocolate. They're not like the others that coat the chocolate taste with sugar and milk. They're chocolates are sinfully bittersweet! A peanut slab is filled with roasted peanuts! Each bite imparts a distinct roast peanut taste with Whittaker's creamy chocolate.


Peanut Slab unwrapped!
Here is a picture of a peanut slab which I halved with a knife so you can see how full of nuts it is. This is by far one of my favourite candy bars. Today though, since I am suffering from indigestion, I only ate half a bar.










A slice of bread, 5 strawberries and half a candy bar. That was my light lunch. I hope you're having a more substantial lunch than me! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment