Saturday 23 July 2011

Tennis in Port Moresby

There are quite a number of sports activities you can participate in here in Port Moresby. There's golf, rugby, netball, basketball, soccer, snooker, and even tennis! Today, two of my friends were in a tennis match and invited me to come watch and cheer. As it is a public holiday (remembrance day), I decided to join them and bring a camera with me.

Of course, as tennis is a sport, I needed to take action shots and I think tennis is best caught when the player is about to hit the ball. The expression on the face is priceless! There's also the gestures that the players have that is quite interesting as they connect to the ball. My friends won the game so I guess I was luck! Here are the shots from the match.


entrance to the courts

the players before the game
i'm going to hit you!
too easy!
look at me!
check out my form!
i see you coming!

is this the sharapova pose?

eat your heart out nadal!

oooh! i hit it!

I think Mindy had some magic. Look at how she's making the ball float in this shot.


they must not know about my magic ball!

As a parting shot, here is my favourite shot from the match. In the background are my friends getting their belongings.

furry tennis ball

No comments:

Post a Comment